You should divide up the following into two small pieces of luggage. Have your labour bag ready to take with you when you think you are going into labour.
Your hospital bag for labour should contain the following:
- Maternity notes with birth plan
- An old t-shirt/night shirt for labour
- Wide opening nightshirt pyjamas if breastfeeding
- An old pair of socks for labour as sometimes your feet can get cold in labour, i know my did.
- Personal items: toiletries, tissues, especially lip balm
- Breast pads
- Support bra/nursing bra, if breastfeeding
- Sanitary towel packs at least 3 Packs of the Maternity Type
- Disposable/old knickers for after the birth
- Dressing gown/slippers/spare nightwear
- Dark coloured towel/one for each day
- Change for parking facilities/payphone
- Light snacks, magazines, newspapers
- Own pillow in coloured pillowcase
- Hair ties/accessories
- Comfortable clothes to go home in, Make sure there baggy or maybe maternity band on them
- Mobile phone charger/Ear Phones
- I found Tee Tree Oil and Witch Hazel excellent for healing stitches.
- Long sleeved grows X 8
- Vests X 8
- Pre-washed baby towel
- 2 Packs of nappies (newborn size)
- Cotton wool balls/pack
- Baby bibs X 6 or Burping Cloths
- Baby blanket for going home
- Cot sheet X 2 i didnt need them in Cork but some hospitals do require you to bring them
- Car seat (to be brought in on the day you are going home)
Your outdoor clothing will need to be taken home by your partner/next of kin after you have been admitted, as there isn't enough space to store these items. Valuables, including mobile phones, should also be taken home. If you should happen to lose, or mislay, any property in the hospital, you should ensure that your home contents cover is sufficient to recover the loss, as the hospital insurer will not cover any losses.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Bumpsnbabies Hospital Bag, Coombe Maternity Hospital, Maternity Hospital Cork, Maternity Hospitals Dublin, Maternity Wear Cork Dublin Ireland, Nursing Bras Bumpsnbabies, Nursing Bras Ireland